Friday 16 August 2013

A Post So-Called-A-Love-Letter #2

Actually, this is not a post so-called-a-love-letter. It's a confession. And I warn you, this post gonna be a long post.

Dear you, Another A,

You told me that you've always wanted to be a chef and a train driver. You're so good on computing stuffs. You are good on music, especially reggae music and you can play drum so well. You always take everything simply. You don't afraid of any risks would come if you break the rule. You're tough.

You touched me once. It was Wednesday. The whole of class were talking about a trip to Tidung Island. I was laying my head on my bag while the others talked about the plans. I wasn't that excited so I just listened to them and suddenly we were at the point when my friend said, "We should swim there. We should get our skin tanned!" I can't swim. So I just kept in silent.

Then you came in front of us. Asking, "Are we gonna swim there?" My friend answered, "Of course. It's a beach." You nodded and it happened. We touched. You nudged my arm in front of our friends and said, "I'm a devil fruit user like Sanji. I can't swim." You said it right to my face. After that, you went outside. I found out my self smile. I bet only you and me could understand that short conversation. You know what, after you said that and you went out, I really couldn't help the smile. I laid my head on my bag and as much as possible trying to covered my awkward smile.

That wasn't the only one we touched. It was Friday back then. Right the day before Art Performance at school. I knew you played guitar but I didn't know if you played well or no. I was playing my friend's guitar on the floor. I sang Ten 2 Five's song then you came toward me and sat on the chair above me. You strummed your guitar strings making some melodies and started to sang a song. I giggled. We both played guitar together but in different songs. No longer after you strummed your guitar strings, my friend asked me to give her the guitar I played because she wanted to play too. I gave her the guitar. After she left, I started watching your guitar performance deeply. I smiled. Found out you played guitar in front of me, I meant, for God's sake, there were more empty chairs in class that day but why did you choose to sat in front of me? My heart did tap when you strummed your guitar strings.

Suddenly, you stopped strumming and you asked me, "How's C#m?"

Gosh. My poor heart was beating faster than before.

I explained how to make C#m chord by verbal. I told you to put your fingers on 4th fret and your fingers on 1st string, 2nd string bla, bla, bla. You were trying to make the chord perfectly but you failed. So I grabbed your fingers and put them on the right strings. We touched. See? We touched. It was unexplained. Then you asked me more for B chord. I grabbed your fingers and directed them again. Strangely, you asked me how to make G chord and Am chord.

Wait what? I knew you played guitar but.....why? No, I meant, those were basic chords on guitar. Heck no. I didn't care anymore. I didn't ask you why of course. So I just grabbed and directed your fingers over and over again.

I remember, it was Wednesday but it's the other Wednesday. I don't like fix my long shoelaces so I just let them be. I was on my way to canteen that day. Then I saw you in front of class. You stared at my unfixed shoelaces then you said, "Fix your shoelaces. I don't want you go stumble."

Oh my God.

Don't worry, you. I've already fallen and stumble onto something. I've already fallen in love with you. With those mazes.

***

Dear you, Another A,

I know you won't like me because I, you know, I'm a nerd, not-so-good-looking, I'm clumsy, I don't wear make-up, I dressed up like a homeless, I don't like hangouts, I don't care about people's opinions, and the point is, I'm just not same as girls you have dated.

And I'm not worry.

Sometimes, I do hope that we could be together then I just go, "Lol no, never."

If we couldn't be together, that's okay. At least we had some conversations only you and me could understand. About One Piece--a very popular manga--and how I love chocolates especially Toblerone very much. At least I have taught you how to make some guitar chords perfectly. At least I have a reason why I doing my homework until midnight. At least I have a reason why I write some prose with you as the main idea.

At least you had given me a ride twice. At least you had text me, asking do I come to school or don't--on a heavy rain--and you chose to text me instead of your other friends. At least you have made me smile for these past 6 months.

At least I have a reason to be happy.

Well, Another A, thank you so much. I feel so blessed to have you in my "at least" list.

Sincerely,

Someone who writes much about you.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment