Monday 27 May 2013


Great Expectations; page 30

Dear someone whose name has a letter Z in it,

I should have understood if I can’t love someone like this.
Secretly, with no sounds, no codes,
I should have known the consequence I may take is I can get hurt, over and over again.

It doesn’t happen once. It has happened more than once.

And I don’t learn from mistakes.
I keep doing this—loving someone secretly.
I’m not bored. In facts, I’m happy.
Because I can watch him from distances and write about him and nobody knows.
Plenty of people know, but at least, he doesn’t know.

Maybe. 

And I wish he didn’t know though.

He had a crush already. And I knew that.
Fuck me. I knew that from earlier, then why did I keep doing this? For God’s sake, I don’t want to ruin your relationship at all!

I’m sorry.

Really.

I admire someone too easily, you know.
If you didn’t give me any attentions, I wouldn’t have loved you like this.

No, I don’t blame you. The one who needs to be blamed here is me.
Too many tears I have shed, and I don’t want ended up like those who feel their lives will be destroyed when they lost someone who they admire.

And I promise I won’t cry.


Because Charles Dickens taught me; I won't cry when I don't want to.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment